Date: 17th to 18th Mar 2015
Venue: Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre (Singapore)
Leading Retail Industry Heads To Gather In Singapore
Hundreds of senior industry leaders, representing retail brands from over 35 countries, will gather at the 5th annual Retail Congress Asia Pacific. The Congress will take place at Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre on 17th and 18th of March and will welcome speakers from multinational, regional and local retailers who will share insights, experiences and future thinking on the Asian retail market.
Some of the key speakers for this year’s event include:
- Ravi Thakran, Chairman, LVMH South, South East Asia and Middle East
- Masatada Kobayashi, Co-Founder, Rakuten, Inc.
- Jose Gomez, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Mango
- Michele Ferrario, Managing Director, ZALORA Group
- Ken Ma, Head of International Business Development – Asia Pacific, International B2C Division, Alibaba
- Tobias Wasmuht, Managing Director, SPAR China
- Roger Egan III, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, RedMart
- Jonathan Yabut, Chief to Staff, AirAsia
- Pankaj Batra, Chief Marketing Officer, Pizza Hut Asia
- Susie Sugden, Co-founder and Joint Managing Director, Vela
- Ronan Hurley, Chief Operating Officer, Luxola
- Marcelo Wesseler, Chief Executive Officer, SP eCommerce
- Carl Miller, Managing Director, Global Retail Insights Network (GRIN)
- Win Win Tint, Founder, City Mart
Speaking ahead of the Congress, Ian McGarrigle, Chairman of the Retail Congress Asia Pacific, said: “We are delighted to be hosting so many respected retail industry heads in Singapore for the 5th annual Retail Congress Asia Pacific. The delegates can look forward to spirited and insightful discussions regarding issues pertinent to the retail industry in Asia, including the impact of the ASEAN integration on the retail industry, the growing trend for ‘phygital’ retail in Asia, the rapid growth of mobile e-commerce, and a look at the most exciting retail growth markets in the Asia Pacific region.”
This theme for this year’s Congress is “Made in Asia: Re-defining modern retail” – a reflection on the observations that with modern retail firmly established in Asia, retailers around the world look on in admiration as the world’s most connected region is defining new strategies for mobile retail and the adoption and integration of new technologies in the retail space. The extensive programme of panel discussions, breakout sessions and workshops will explore the unique make up of these developments and discoveries.
The Congress will also feature insightful keynote speeches from leading retail experts over the two days. Highlights include a speech by Daniel Piette of LVMH Investments about the future of luxury brands in Asia, a keynote address from Dr Alan Treadgold of The University of Oxford about navigating the new retail landscape and a speech from Masatada Kobayashi of Rakuten Asia Pte Ltd about building e-commerce ecosystems in Asia.