Date: 24th to 25th Apr 2014 (Thursday & Friday)
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Venue: 10 Anson Road, International Plaza, #13-13, Singapore 079903
FLA Member @ SGD550 nett
Non-FLA Member @ SGD650 nett
Early Bird Promo
Register by 31st Mar 2014 to enjoy discounted rates!
FLA Member @ SGD500 nett
Non-FLA Member @ SGD600 nett
Fundamentals of Franchise Management (FFM) is the first foundation course on franchising by Franchising and Licensing Association (FLA) Singapore. FFM will introduce participants to multidisciplinary areas involved in the franchising practice. Using lectures, case studies and assignments, FFM will provide participants the necessary theories, background information and practical learning experiences for their executive responsibilities.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and Supervisors in the franchising industry wishing to develop a solid educational foundation.
- Entrepreneurs wishing to expand their business using the different types of franchising models.
Day One - Session 1: Understanding The Franchise Business
- Franchise Relationship.
- Spectrum of Marketing Channels.
- Franchise Models & Structures.
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Franchising.
- Keys to Franchise Success.
- Steps in Franchise Development.
- Licensing vs Franchising.
- Case Studies.
Day One - Session 2: Franchise Manuals & Franchise Marketing
- Importance of a Manual.
- Typical Contents of a Manual.
- Writing a Manual.
- Platforms for Marketing the Franchise.
- Franchise Marketing Package.
- Franchise Recruitment Process.
- Franchisee Evaluation Checklist.
Day Two - Session 1: The Financial Considerations In Franchising
- Overview of Revenue Streams & Costs for a Franchisor & Franchisee.
- Pricing a Franchise.
- Financial Projections.
- Other Financial Considerations.
- Financing Options for Franchising.
Day Two - Session 2: Legal & Commercial Framework Of Franchising
- Franchise Framework & Relationship.
- Franchise Agreement.
- International Franchising.
- Trademark Protection.