Fundamentals of Franchise Management (FFM) is the first franchise foundation course by Franchising and Licensing (Singapore) and introduces participants to various fields relating to franchising. FFM will provide participants with knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical methods using lectures, assignments and case studies.
The course will be beneficial to managers and supervisors within the franchise industry who are looking gain an educational foundation. Entrepreneurs who are looking to adopt franchising as an expansion option for their business are also encouraged to participate.
FFM will be conducted over a 2-day period starting from 31 Oct to 1 Nov 2013, 9am to 5pm, at 100 Orchard Road, Aventis School of Management Pte Ltd., #04-100 Concorde Hotel, Singapore.
For information on registration and course fees, please click here.
Day One - Session 1: Understanding the Franchise Business
- Franchise Relationship.
- Spectrum of Marketing Channels.
- Franchise Models & Structures.
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Franchising.
- Keys to Franchise Success.
- Steps in Franchise Development.
- Licensing vs Franchising.
- Case Studies.
Day One - Session 2: Franchise Manuals & Franchise Marketing
- Importance of a Manual.
- Typical Contents of a Manual.
- Writing a Manual.
- Platforms for Marketing the Franchise.
- Franchise Marketing Package.
- Franchise Recruitment Process.
- Franchisee Evaluation Checklist.
Day Two - Session 3: The Financial Considerations in Franchising
- Overview of Revenue Streams & Costs for a Franchisor & Franchisee.
- Pricing a Franchise.
- Financial Projections.
- Other Financial Considerations.
- Financing Options for Franchising.
Day Two - Session 4: Legal & Commercial Framework of Franchising
- Franchise Framework & Relationship.
- Franchise Agreement.
- International Agreement.
- Trademark Protection.